How to know if he’s the one? Here are 10 signs!
Nowadays the twilight zone before a relationship becomes official is more confusing than ever.
It starts with all the different words we use to describe our relationship status.
Are you “dating”, “courting”, or “talking to each other”?
It gets “complicated”, as Facebook states it.
So much so that many of us forget the primary purpose of dating is to get to know each other and find out if he’s ‘The One’ you want to marry.
In my search for a godly husband, I made a lot of mistakes. Until I got crystal clear on what I needed in a man.
After that spotting the right guy became easy.
That’s why in this post, I’m sharing my tips on how to know if he is ‘The One’ for you.
10 Clear signs that he is ‘The One’
1. He makes you feel safe
Feeling safe and secure in your relationship is very important. So, if he makes you feel physically and emotionally safe, then it’s a strong sign that he is the right one for you.
2. He makes you feel wanted
Feeling desired and wanted by your man is crucial. It helps with confidence and romance.
If your boyfriend gives you his full attention and enjoys spending time with you then it’s a sign that your relationship can last.
3. Your plans for the future align
A clear sign that you have found the one is that your future plans align.
If you have the same goals and dreams, then chances are high that your relationship will work and you can build a life together.
4. He’s your answered prayer
One of the biggest signs that he’s the one God has for you is that he is your answered prayer.
The man God has for you will match your prayer for a husband. He will meet the godly characteristics you prayed for because God answered your prayer.
The right relationship will feel like a match made in heaven, trust me.
5. He makes you a better person
A healthy relationship brings out the best in you. Therefore, if he inspires you, encourages you, and supports you, he is truly a God-sent.
As Amy Spencer beautifully describes in her book, meeting your half-orange, the love of your life will feel like the perfect addition to you and make you a better person.
6. He has a good relationship with your friends and family
A great sign that he’s the right one for you is that your family and friends adore him.
If the people who know you the best, believe he is good for you, it’s a big sign that he may be the one.
7. He makes you feel like the one
True love is a two-way street. That means that the man you choose has to choose you in return.
Therefore, if your partner treats you like a priority, showers you with love, and honors your commitment, then he is definitely the one.
8. He makes you part of his life
Another great sign that he is the one is that he invites you into his life.
He shares his home, his friends, and his resources with you. You become part of his decision-making process and his most trusted advisor.
9. He knows what he wants
A very clear sign that you found the one, is a man who knows what he wants.
Your man doesn’t just verbally communicate that he wants to be in a serious relationship with you but also proves it with his actions. He prioritizes your relationship and actively progresses towards marriage.
10. You can trust him
Trust is essential in any healthy relationship.
If you can trust your partner, and know that he has your best interest at heart, then your relationship has a strong foundation.
What does it feel like when he’s the one?
This is my favorite part about experiencing love right now.
Because for the first time I actually feel different which makes me believe I have found my one (stay tuned).
The best way I can describe it is that when he’s the one you will feel:
- secure because he assures you every day that this is the relationship he wants. And whenever you have a discussion/ argument he doesn’t pull away or ignore you, because he wants to work things out with you.
- relaxed about who you are and how you come across. You don’t feel the need to put on a persona that he will like and don’t feel anxious that he won’t like the real you. Instead, you show up exactly the way you are daily, which makes you feel relaxed and confident.
- joyful because the peace and certainty you have about your relationship give you free space in your brain to focus on creating a life you love. Instead of worrying about your dating life or making him miss you when you are apart, you have more time to spend on things that make you happy.