signs he will never marry you
As a single Christian woman, you know and I know that dating has a lot of ups and downs. Especially when it comes to how to know if the man you’re with is really “The One” for you.
I’ve written multiple blog posts about that and I’m still not sure!
And one of the biggest fears most of us have, for good reason, is that we will invest a long time and a lot of emotions into a relationship that ultimately won’t end in marriage.
I’ve been there, so trust me you don’t want to be.
And while not every long-term relationship has to be the one, I’m sure you’d prefer to not waste your time wondering if he will ever marry you or not.
So, I figured in this post, I will share some of the harsh but true signs he will never marry you.
How do you know a guy will not marry you?
Whether you are currently in a serious relationship or simply want to be prepared, the below points are meant to be thought-provoking not absolute. They can help you identify if a man is truly serious about a future with you so that you can save yourself time, heartache, and emotional energy if not.
1. He doesn’t make any effort to plan for the future together
If a man is not interested in planning or talking about the future with you, it is a clear sign that he is not serious about a long-term commitment.
A man who sees a future together will be excited to talk about plans for the future. Things such as where you want to live, what kind of family you want to have, and what kind of life you want to build together.
2. He is not interested in introducing you to his family
Meeting each other’s families is a big step in any relationship. And if a man is not interested in introducing you to his, it is a big sign that he is not serious about a long-term commitment.
A man who is invested in a future with you will be excited to introduce you to the people who are important to him, like his family members and close friends. And even more so he will be interested in getting to know the people who are important to you because he wants to win them over.
3. He avoids the topic of marriage
A man who is serious about spending the rest of his life with you will make an effort to have tough conversations, including the marriage talk.
This could include talking about a possible wedding date or when the right time would be to get engaged or plan to buy a home together. If a man is not interested in talking about a future together, it could be a sign that he doesn’t see you as his future wife.
4. He doesn’t share his personal goals and ambitions with you
A man who knows that you are going to be part of his life will want to share his personal goals and ambitions with you. This includes talking about career goals, personal growth, and even dreams and aspirations for the future. He will also actively involve you in major life decisions, such as a move, or promotion that could affect future plans.
If a man is not interested in sharing his personal goals and ambitions with you, it could be a sign that he is not serious about going to the next level with you.
5. He is not preparing himself to become financially stable
Financial stability and responsibility are important factors in any relationship, especially for men. If a man is not financially stable yet and not doing anything to get there, it is a huge red flag and indicator that he is not ready for a serious, long-term commitment.
A man who is serious about a future with you will start the process to become financially responsible and stable, and he will be committed to building a strong financial future for both of you.
6. He is not emotionally invested in the relationship
One of the biggest signs that he is not serious about a long-term commitment is if a man is not emotionally invested in the relationship. A man who is looking to build a strong relationship with you will be committed to building a strong emotional connection too.
Therefore, he will be willing to work through challenges and difficulties together. If a man seems emotionally distant or uninterested in your feelings, it is a sign that he is not committed to building a strong, healthy relationship with you.
7. He hides you on social media
A man who sees you as a part of his future will be excited to announce you to his community on social media. Even if he is not particularly active on Instagram and other platforms. He will do it, simply because you are a big part of his life now and he enjoys your company.
However, if a guy hides you on social media and goes to lengths to appear unattached on Instagram, it’s a huge sign that he doesn’t see you as marriage material and knows that the relationship won’t last.
8. He communicates that he doesn’t want or doesn’t feel ready to get married
A man who is ready and willing to get married will share his intentions. He will openly share his idea of marriage and whether or not he sees it as a top priority at the moment.
On the other hand, if a man has made it clear that he isn’t interested in getting married, doesn’t believe in the institution of marriage, or has uncertainty about taking that step, it’s a big indicator that he doesn’t intend to marry you.
Because a man who considers you to be the one would never be opposed to a traditional marriage if it means losing you.
9. He still hasn’t proposed after years of dating
If getting married and starting a family is important to a man, he will avoid wasting his time in a casual long-term relationship. He will want to date with the intention and progress things rather fast because he has a plan for his life.
Therefore, if your partner is comfortable dating for years without making a big commitment to getting ready, it’s a sure sign that he doesn’t want to marry you. As I have said millions of times, it doesn’t take a man 7 years to know if he wants to marry you or not.
10. He constantly makes you prove yourself as a girlfriend
If your boyfriend is constantly asking you to prove yourself as a girlfriend, or making you jump through hoops to earn his affection, it’s a sign that he knows he doesn’t want to marry you.
While it’s natural to want to find out if you’ll make a good partner, it’s not healthy to constantly feel like you’re on a trial period in your relationship. A man who wants to marry you will accept that it’s not about finding the perfect person, but about committing to loving and respecting you the way you are.
Can a man love you but not want to marry you?
Yes, unfortunately, it’s possible for a man to love you but not want to marry you. A painful past experience I do not wish on you.
You have to understand that sometimes just because you are sure and want to get married, it doesn’t mean it’s what he believes to be the best thing for him. And that could be due to multiple reasons other than the absence of love.
Everyone has their own unique set of values, priorities, and life goals, and sometimes those goals don’t include getting married (yet).
This is why it’s important to have open and honest talks with your boyfriend about your individual goals and expectations for the relationship, including marriage. If you want to get married but he doesn’t, it’s important to figure out what that means for the relationship moving forward and the rest of your life.
What makes a man want to marry you?
I would be lying if I said I have the exact answer to this question. In honesty, every man is different, and what makes one man want to marry you, may not be the same for another man.
However, there are some common qualities and characteristics that many men look for in their future wives, and here a some:
- You share similar values and life goals, which is an important foundation for any long-term relationship. If you and your partner have similar beliefs about family, finances, career, and other important aspects of life, it can make you feel more connected and committed to each other.
- You have a strong emotional connection, which is a crucial component of a healthy, long-lasting relationship. If you and your partner feel emotionally close and connected, it can create a strong bond that makes you both want to commit to each other for the long haul.
- You support each other’s growth and development, which is important in any relationship. If you and your partner are committed to helping each other become the best versions of yourselves, it can create a sense of partnership and collaboration that makes you want to stay together.
- You communicate openly and honestly, which is vital in any relationship. If you and your partner are able to communicate effectively and work through disagreements and challenges together, it can build trust and strengthen your relationship.
- You enjoy spending time together, which is an important part of any relationship. If you and your partner genuinely enjoy being together and have fun doing things as a couple, it can create a sense of joy and excitement that makes you want to commit to each other.
- You have a healthy sexual connection, which should not be underestimated in a romantic relationship. If you and your partner have a strong physical connection and are able to communicate openly about your needs and desires, it can strengthen your bond and create a sense of intimacy that makes you want to commit to each other.
Of course, some of these may play a bigger or smaller role in your particular relationship. But they definitely play a role.
How long should a woman wait for a man to propose?
I get this question so often and wrote a whole blog post about when to stop waiting for a man to propose. My answer is a woman should wait no longer than 3 years for a man to propose. And here is why.
While every relationship is unique and there is no official timeline for when a couple should get engaged, waiting too long can have negative consequences for you.
For one, you will get frustrated and insecure about the relationship which will lead to stress and anxiety. Secondly, you will also miss out on other opportunities for love and happiness, by waiting around for a proposal that may never come.
And lastly, if your partner isn’t willing to commit to marriage after three years, it’s important to ask yourself if you are with someone who really values and respects you.
While it works for some people, I believe that waiting longer than three years without any indication of a proposal is not the best choice for your happiness and well-being.