how to pray for your future husband
Praying for your future husband is a powerful and meaningful way to manifest the kind of relationship you desire.
I’ve been doing it for years, and am seeing the fruits of my labor in my current relationship.
But I also know that this topic can feel very controversial.
Because you don’t want to obsess over marriage and men and enjoy life as a single woman.
And I agree. As a matter of fact, I often discourage idolizing marriage in my content.
However, idolizing marriage and manifesting love are not the same.
You are allowed to dream and find joy in your desire to be married. Because it is an honest and beautiful desire that deserves some prayer time.
So, whether you are currently single or in a relationship, prayer can help you connect with God and set intentions for your love life.
This is why today, I’m sharing how to pray for your future husband.
What does the Bible say about praying for your future husband?
The Bible does not specifically address the topic of praying for your future husband. However, there are several biblical principles that can be applied to this practice:
Trust in God’s plan for your life
Proverbs 3:5-6 says: “Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.”
Trusting in God’s plan for your life, including your love life, can help you to surrender your desires and expectations to Him and trust in His timing and guidance.
Pray for wisdom and guidance
James 1:5 says: “If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you.”
Praying for wisdom and guidance in your love life can help you to make wise choices and discern God’s will for your relationships.
Share the desires of your heart
Psalms 37:4 says: “Take delight in the Lord, and he will give you the desires of your heart.”
Praying for love and sharing your heart’s desire with your heavenly father is how you delight in him and receive guidance from him regarding your own life and relationships.
So, while the Bible does not specifically address the topic of praying for your future husband, praying with a pure heart and being in communion with Jesus is never wrong.
Is it OK to pray for your future husband?
Yes, it is perfectly okay to pray for your future husband. As a matter of fact, praying for your future spouse is a way to seek the holy spirit and His wisdom, and provision for your love life.
It is a way to align your heart and mind with God’s perfect will and to surrender your desires and expectations regarding a future mate to Him. Prayer is a powerful tool for communicating with God and seeking His guidance in all areas of your life, including your love life.
And it’s important to express your hopes and desires to God, while also seeking His wisdom and guidance in your relationships.
So, don’t feel bad for praying for the desires of your heart. Instead, use it as a way to cultivate a spirit of gratitude, positivity, and hopefulness, which can help you to attract and recognize the right man when he comes into your life.
Things to pray for your future husband
One thing, you want to do when praying for your future husband is to pray for him holistically. Visualize not only him, but your future marriage, his family members, and even his life as a single man.
Here are some of the things to pray for your future husband today:
- His spiritual growth: Pray that your future husband will grow in his relationship with God, deepen his faith, and become a man of faith and devotion. You can even cover him against spiritual warfare in your prayer time.
- His character: Pray for your future husband’s character, that he will be a man of integrity, honesty, humility, and kindness. But also that he is joyful, full of hope, and most importantly loving toward the people in his life.
- His emotional health: Pray for your future husband to be emotionally healthy, with a strong sense of self-worth and a positive outlook on life. Send him strength and peace, because you never know what he may be going through.
- His physical health: Pray for your future husband’s physical health as well. That he continues to be strong and healthy, and that God will protect him from illness and injury as well as accidents.
- His career and vocation: Pray that your future husband’s career and work. That he may find joy and fulfillment in the work he does. And feel supported and excited when it comes to God’s purpose for him.
- His relationships: Pray for your future husband’s relationships. From his relationship with his parents all the way to his friendship with his best friend. You want your godly husband to have strong and healthy relationships with family, friends, and even colleagues.
- His financial stability: Pray for your future husband’s finances. Ask God to provide for his needs, but also to bless him with wisdom and discipline in managing his finances. So that he can be a good steward in the future.
- His protection: Lastly, pray for your future man’s protection. Plead to God to shield him from harm, danger, and even temptation. That he learns to make wise decisions, guided by the holy spirit.
These are just a few of the many different topics and areas you can include in your prayers for your future husband. The best thing you can do is to think of all the areas of your life you have experienced challenges.
Or use scripture to pray for your future husband, as I show you in my blog post.
How to pray for your future husband
Now that we know the “why” and the “what”, it’s time for the “how”. Praying for your future husband is probably something you have done before.
Maybe you did it intentionally or maybe you did it unintentionally. Either way, it’s a good thing. And to help you come up with even more powerful prayers, I’m sharing my guide below.
1. Start with gratitude
Begin your prayer with gratitude for the blessings in your life. Thank God for the people and experiences that have helped you grow and become the person you are today. Express gratitude for the love you have received and the love that is yet to come.
2. Visualize your future husband
Take a moment to visualize your future husband. Imagine the qualities that you desire in a partner, such as kindness, humor, intelligence, and faith. Visualize the life you want to build together, such as a happy home, a supportive family, and a fulfilling career.
3. Pray for specific areas of your future husband’s life
As mentioned before, pray for your future husband’s physical, emotional, and spiritual well-being. Ask God to guide him on his journey and protect him from harm. Pray that he finds joy and fulfillment in his life and that he is surrounded by people who love and support him.
4. Pray for your relationship
Next, you want to pray for your future relationship with your spouse. Pray that you both are able to communicate openly and honestly, that you share common values and goals, and that you grow together in love and understanding. Ask for God’s guidance in resolving any conflicts that may arise, and for the strength to persevere through difficult times.
5. Surrender your desire for a husband to God
Remember that God’s plan for your life may not align with your own desires. Surrender your desires to God and trust in His timing and plan for your life. Pray for the wisdom to discern God’s will for your love life, and for the courage to follow His path.
6. End with gratitude
End your prayer by thanking God for hearing your prayer and answering it. Be grateful for God’s love for you and his commitment to your life. Take time to just sit still to receive any feeling or message he might have for you. You can even open up your Bible and read a few Bible verses. Remember that the word of God is another way how he communicates with us.
This is a simple framework you can follow to pray for a godly man and manifest the kind of relationship you desire. Doing this consistently will help you cultivate a deep sense of faith and trust in your journey.
And if you still feel stuck, then use a prayer journal that focuses on praying for your future husband.
How do I start praying for my future husband?
Starting to pray for your future husband can feel complicated and overwhelming. Especially, because many of us single women are used to suppressing that strong desire for a godly marriage.
But there is no need to feel bad or embarrassed. Instead, embrace and take small steps in order to incorporate it into your prayer life.
- Set aside dedicated time, each day to focus on your prayer without distraction. Choose a quiet corner in your home and connect with God for as many minutes as you find fit.
- Start with a simple prayer expressing your desire to talk with God about your future husband. This could be as simple as saying, “God, I ask you to guide me in my desire to become a wife.”
- Use a prayer journal to organize your thoughts and intentions. Write down your thoughts, feelings, and prayers in a journal. It doesn’t have to be specifically dedicated to this practice, but sometimes that helps.
- Be as specific as possible in your prayers, by including qualities and characteristics you desire in your future husband. And of course, remember to ask for guidance and wisdom in your dating life.
- Lastly, be patient and don’t give up. Even if you don’t see your desire come to fruition, right away trust that God hears you and continue to thank him for what he is already doing. By being grateful and surrendering your desires and expectations to Him you cultivate a sense of peace that will keep you motivated.
Remember, prayer is a personal and individual practice. The best way to enjoy it is by finding a routine that works for you.
How do I ask God to show my future husband?
The most important thing to remember when praying for your future husband is that God is not a Genie. Just because you pray for something doesn’t mean you’ll receive it the next morning.
As a matter of fact, it usually takes some time until you meet the one for you. However, there are ways you can pray for God’s guidance and revelation in the matter.
If you desire for God to show you your future husband, here is what to ask for:
- Pray for guidance in your search for a future spouse. Pray for wisdom, discernment, and direction in your dating season so that you can better discern His will for your life.
- Pray for patience while you wait for God’s timing and direction when it comes to men and relationships. Ask him for increased trust while you wait for God’s plan for your life to be revealed to you.
- Pray for opportunities for you to meet godly men. And pray that he brings the right people into your life at the right time and that He gives you the courage and confidence to pursue those relationships when they present themselves.
Remember, that as long as you trust in God’s plan for your life and surrender your desires and expectations to Him, He will lead you to the right person at the right time.